Life Cycle Geo is a small, employee-owned geoscience consulting firm that embraces development of new and innovative approaches to client problem solving using agile principles for growth and flexibility. We operate as a remote company but consider our home to be the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Work-life balance and technical excellence are two of the foundations that LCG is built on. We believe that the long-term success of the company comes through fostering the talents and passions of our employees.
You’ll benefit from exposure to a wide-range of projects, personal mentoring, and the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a young consulting firm built adaptively to suit the modern evolving work environment.
Position: Entry-Level Geoscientist
Life Cycle Geo, LLC (LCG) is seeking a full-time, Entry-Level Geoscientist to join our growing agile team. This position will support LCG’s innovative consulting practice in the mining and energy sectors. The successful candidate will support LCG’s clients in all phases of the project life cycle from proposal writing and data collection to final product delivery. LCG specializes in developing predictive mechanistic and data-driven models, as such this position will help grow LCG’s expertise with machine learning and artificial intelligence in the geosciences. The ideal candidate would be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with a passion for solving complex problems for our clients and delivering the highest quality technical product.
The structure of LCG supports remote work, but a candidate based in Colorado will be given preference.
- Experience: 0+ years
- M.S. degree in geoscience or related quantitative field
- Course work in geochemistry, geology, mineralogy, physical chemistry, hydrogeology, and the data sciences/statistics is preferred
- Experience with scripting languages R and/or python
- Excellent written and communication skills demonstrated in publications or presentations
- Ability to work independently with strong time-management skills
- Desire for continuous learning and a drive to solve difficult problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products Word and Excel
Desired, but not necessary:
- Familiarity with the data science / machine learning process applied to geoscientific, hydrologic, or engineering problems
- Experience with transport and reactivity-based modeling codes such as PHREEQC, The Geochemist’s Workbench, and HYDRUS
- Experience with cloud-based computing platforms
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Processing and managing data for analysis, modeling, and presentation
- Writing scripts in R or python to automate processes
- Coordinating with analytical laboratories for setting up testing programs
- Interpreting geochemical, mineralogic, hydrologic, geologic, soil, and other geoscientific data
- Providing support for predictive model development
- Assisting with developing project budgets and project scopes
- Contributing to and preparing technical reports
- Contributing to and preparing client presentations
Other responsibilities may be added over time as project and company needs change and this description is not meant to be fully comprehensive.